One of the most practical and economical methods for streaming entertainment to your TV is Vizio Smartcast Purchasing a Vizio Smartcast device, downloading the software, and starting to stream are the only steps required.
But what takes place when it falters? We’ve got some tips that may help you get back up and running!
What is Smartcast?
Smartcast is a feature that allows you to cast content from your phone to your TV. Smartcast is built into the TV, so you don’t need any additional apps or services for it to work.
Why is Vizio Smartcast not working?
There are a few reasons why your Vizio Smartcast might not be working.
- The first reason could be that you don’t have a strong enough internet connection.
- Second, there might be an issue with your HDMI port.
- Third, your Vizio TV could be experiencing a firmware issue.
- Fourth, there might be an issue with the app you’re trying to use.
- Fifth, your remote might need to be reset.
- Sixth, you may need to update the software on your Vizio TV.
- Seventh, you can try contacting Vizio customer support for assistance.
Here are some common reasons why Vizio Smartcast is not working:
- Check all of the connections you might need to reset everything back to factory defaults.
- Confirm that you have an active internet connection.
- Confirm that the TV’s power cord is plugged in and connected to the outlet properly.
- Switch inputs or sources on your TV remote until you find one that works (if applicable).
- Ensure your router is near enough to both the TV and your Wi-Fi modem.
- Try unplugging both devices from their power source for 30 seconds, then plug them back in.
- Check any cables to make sure they’re securely plugged into the right ports.
- Make sure your device has at least one strong WiFi signal by turning off other wireless networks around it.
- Replace your battery in the remote control if necessary.
- Reset SmartCast by going into Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Reset Internet Connection .
- Lastly, try restarting your network hardware.
Here are six solutions if your Vizio Smartcast isn’t working
If your Vizio SmartCast TV is not working and you are not able to cast YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, or other apps on it then here is what you should do:
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi network that your television is connected to is working properly.
- If the issue still remains then resetting the TV back to factory settings might be required in order for it to work properly again.
1. Reset the Smartcast Device
If your Vizio SmartCast device is not working, resetting the device may help. To reset a Vizio SmartCast device:
- Press and hold the power button on your TV or sound bar for 10 seconds.
- If the reset doesn’t work, unplug it from its power source for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in and trying again with another method of resetting.
2. Clear your cache
Your SmartCast™ remote to factory settings. To clear the cache:
- Press and hold the “Home” button on your SmartCast™ remote until the screen flashes twice, then release.
- Press and hold buttons “1”, “3”, “7”, and “8” at the same time until you see a screen that says “Restore Factory Settings?” press OK to confirm.
3. Restart the TV
Unplug the TV.
- Wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on again.
- Connect your Smartcast device to your Wi-Fi network and wait for it to restart (at which point you’ll see a spinning circle). If this still does not work, proceed to the next solution.
4. Update your Vizio Firmware
Check for firmware updates if you’re having trouble with your Vizio SmartCast device. Firmware updates can fix bugs and security issues in the operating system. To update your firmware:
- Visit this site on the web and click “Download the latest software” under “Vizio SmartCast” on the left-hand side of the screen. If you’re at another web address or want to download from a different location, look for “Firmware Updates” or similar words in its title.
- Download and install it as instructed by clicking “Install Now” when prompted by Windows 10 or 8, MacOS X 10.10+, Android 4+ (KitKat), iOS 9+ (iPhone 4S+) iOS 11 + (iPhone 5S+) iOS 12+ (iPhone 6+) iOS 13+.
You’ll need Adobe Air installed if you’re using Windows 7 or Vista, don’t worry though because it’s free!
If all else fails try reinstalling the VIA Chrome browser extension which will reset everything back to factory settings but won’t delete any personal information such as accounts created via Chrome Store Apps like Netflix etc.
5. Repair and Service the Smartcast Device
Vizio SmartCast devices have some basic parts that may need replacement. If your Vizio SmartCast device is broken and you cannot repair it yourself, contact Vizio Support.
If you’re still having trouble after trying these solutions, try unplugging the power cord from both ends of the device and plugging it back in. If this doesn’t fix the issue, contact Vizio Support for further assistance.
6. Need help with your Vizio Smartcast not working? let us help fix it for you
If your Vizio Smartcast is not working, don’t panic! There are a few different things you can do to troubleshoot the problem and get it working again.
- Check the HDMI cable. Make sure that there is no visible damage to the cable and that both ends are firmly inserted into their respective ports. If you’re using an ethernet connection, make sure there’s no physical damage or corrosion on any of the ports or cables involved in this process.
- Check that your gadget is connected to a power source. If necessary, reboot your device by holding down its power button until it shuts off completely before turning it back on again with another press of its button (you might want to unplug all other devices connected to your TV).
If your Vizio Smartcast is still not working, try this alternative option:
1. Turn On The TV and Try Again
Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best one. If your Vizio Smartcast is not working, try turning on the TV and trying again. This will reset the connection and might just do the trick. If this doesn’t work, read on for more tips.
- Turn Off WiFi On The Device: Turning off WiFi on your device can sometimes solve a lot of problems with Vizio Smartcast. First, turn off Wi-Fi from the settings menu of the device. Then restart your Vizio TV by pressing and holding down both buttons for five seconds.
Now, wait 10 seconds before restarting Wi-Fi from Settings again. Try it out!
- Restart Your Devices: This includes routers, smart devices, and any other network devices that are connected to each other via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly within a range of each other. Restarting these devices can be really helpful in some cases where there’s been interference in connectivity.
To restart your router, unplug the power cord and wait two minutes before plugging it back in. To restart a router that you don’t have physical access to contact the manufacturer.
- Use Other Connections: If there’s no issue with connecting wireless connections but Vizio Smartcast still isn’t working properly, switch over to another device (computer or phone) and see if there are any issues connecting.
2. Restarting Can Help
If you’re experiencing issues with your Vizio SmartCast TV, one possible solution is to restart the device. To do this, unplug the TV from its power source and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
Once the TV powers on try using the SmartCast feature again. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your Vizio SmartCast TV:
Go to Settings
- Reset & Admin
- Factory Reset
Once you’ve reset your TV, try using the SmartCast feature again.
3. Reset the Router
One possible solution to the Vizio Smartcast not working is to reset your router. This can be done by unplugging your router for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once your router is back on. try opening the Vizio Smartcast app and see if it works.
If it doesn’t, try these other steps:
- Check for firmware updates: Firmware updates are available for all Vizio devices so make sure you check for them. You’ll want to look at the devices tab in settings to find out what update you need.
- Contact customer service: If none of these work, contact customer service who will help troubleshoot and hopefully fix your problem.
If all else fails you may need a new device or a replacement remote control which can be ordered through Vizio’s website.
4. Check WiFi Strength
The first thing you should do if your Vizio Smartcast is not working is check the strength of your WiFi signal. If your WiFi signal is weak, it could be the reason why your Vizio Smartcast is not working. There are a few ways to check the strength of your WiFi signal.
Expert Tip: One way is to use a WiFi signal strength meter. You can also use your phone or laptop to check the strength of your WiFi signal. If you see that your WiFi signal is weak, try moving closer to your router or modem.
5. Resync Your TV
To do this, press and hold the TV button on your remote for 5 seconds. Once you see a message that says Welcome to SmartCast. use your remote to select the input you want to use. If that doesn’t work, try power cycling your TV.
To do this, unplug your TV from its power source and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
The Vizio SmartCast Is Not Connected To My Wireless Network
- Select Menu on your Vizio remote control.
- Click Network, then hit OK.
- Network connection by clicking.
- From the display’s list of WiFi networks that are accessible, choose Wireless.
- Choose a WiFi network for your house.
- Type in the WiFi password.
How Do I Connect A Wired Connection To My Vizio SmartCast?
- Connect your Vizio Smart TV with one end of an Ethernet cable and an available Ethernet port on your WiFi router with the other.
- Grab your remote and choose “Menu.”
- After selecting “Network” hit OK.
- Choosing “Wired Network”
Vizio SmartCast app not working
The Vizio smart cast app is an excellent idea that has a lot of potential. For those unfamiliar with it. it allows you to control your television and other media devices in your home through a centralized interface. Unfortunately, there are many reports online about problems with its functionality.
Fortunately, there are several solutions available to help resolve these issues. The first thing to do when troubleshooting any problem is to make sure everything is connected properly. Make sure all devices are on and connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
Check your cables to ensure they are plugged into their respective ports. Check for firmware updates and install them if necessary. Also, check for software updates and install them if necessary.
If none of these steps work, try resetting your network router and modem by unplugging them from their power sources for 30 seconds before plugging them back in.
Expert Tip: If resetting your router doesn’t work, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance in resolving any connection issues you may be experiencing.
If resetting your router does work, you are still having trouble connecting to your TV using the Vizio SmartCast App.
Follow these steps: Go to your mobile device’s settings.
- Select WiFi
- Locate your WiFi network
- Tap next to it
- Select Forget This Network
- Once completed select Connect To A New Network
- Enter password
- Connect to the new network
- Navigate back to Settings
- Scroll down until you see About Device
- Click About Device
- Click System Updates
- Click Update
- Wait for the update
Why Isn’t Smartcast Available On My Vizio TV
There are a few reasons why your Vizio Smartcast might not be working. It could be because you don’t have a strong enough internet connection, or it could be because your Vizio TV is not connected to the internet. If you’re having trouble connecting your Vizio TV to the internet, try these six steps:
- Check your internet connection. Check that your connection is robust and steady.
- Restart your router and modem.
- Power cycle your Vizio TV by unplugging the power cord from both ends of the cord for at least five minutes then plugging back in.
- Reset your router by turning off power for 30 seconds then turning it back on if that does not work continue until you find one that works.
- Finally, if none of those four steps work make sure your wireless network name and password are correct, also make sure there are no firewalls blocking wireless networks on either side of any routers or modems. After all these steps hopefully your Vizio Smartcast will start working again!
Vizio Smartcast is an excellent product with lots of potentials, but it can be frustrating when your TV keeps freezing/crashing/lagging. If none of these solutions work for you then there may be something wrong with your device and it needs service or repair.
Contact us today by filling out our form on this page or calling us at (855)-239-3300 so that we can help get your Smartcast device working again!